NOTE: Keep in mind that this install guide represents the minimum steps needed in an ideal environment with no variables or complications to overcome. It is not meant to serve as a comprehensive solution to any and all installation workflows and environments. Enterprise expertise is still essential for handling this installation.
- If you are unsure about whether Admin Tools for ArcGIS can be installed on your infrastructure, please visit our product page, and contact us to request a technical meeting to discuss installation. We do sell Professional Services Installation Packages as an additional option to the purchase of Admin Tools for ArcGIS. This professional services package is required for support directly related to the installation and configuration of Admin Tools for ArcGIS onto an Organization's ArcGIS Enterprise Infrastructure.
NOTE: This is for Installing Admin Tools for ArcGIS for the first time. If you need to upgrade to a newer version of Admin Tools for ArcGIS, please see the following Article: How To Update Your Admin Tools for ArcGIS With A Newer Version (On Prem).
In order to receive a build of Admin Tools for ArcGIS for your licensed connectors, specific information must be provided to GEO Jobe GIS Consulting from the Providing Your ArcGIS Enterprise's Details for Admin Tools knowledge base article.
- NOTE: Please ensure that .NET 4.5 framework is installed for your IIS Application Pool.
- NOTE: Please notify GEO Jobe if your Organization requires a security audit BEFORE licensing or installing Admin Tools for ArcGIS.
Regarding Registering Admin Tools for an OAuth App ID (for Non-IWA):
Add a brand new application, call it "Admin Tools", and register that one. That will generate an "App ID" (NOT THE SAME AS THE ITEM ID). Then, add the full URL of where admin tools will be running from (i.e. http://domain.com/admintools/ and/or https://domain.com/admintools/) to the "Redirect URIs" on the Admin Tools application.
Note: The application doesn't have to actually DO anything, it just has to exist and be registered, that way we can log in. It acts as is the gate Admin Tools goes through.
All of the above information will be stored in our license connector database so that any future builds will already contain your App IDs and ArcGIS connector URLs. We use this information to generate a custom build just for your ArcGIS Organization.
3. Unzip the contents to the zip file provided by GEO Jobe to your submitted Install Location
Unzip the contents of the zip file to the web-accessible directory that you originally provided to GEO Jobe in Step 1 (install location)
Convert the folder from step 3 into an application.
(NOTE: In certain specific situations involving internal URL redirect policies, make sure to name the application the same as the admintools endpoint you provided to GEO Jobe for your build.)
Download the latest version of MongoDB Windows x64 and install.
If there are any issues, see the MongoDB Installation Guide.
- Configure a Windows Service for MongoDB
NOTE on Mongo.cfg
NOTE: Do NOT use tabs in the mongo.cfg
The following IIS modules must be installed for Admin Tools for ArcGIS. The URL Rewrite and Application Request Routing extensions are used by the application to create a reverse-proxy to forward requests through IIS To the Node.js server application.
Open a command prompt as an administrator in the app-server folder located in the root of the application.
Run nssm install "Admin Tools Server"
Path: choose the node.exe in the app-server folder or C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe if Node.js is installed.
Startup directory: choose the app-server folder.
Arguments: dojo/dojo.js load=app/Bootstrap
Click Install Service
NOTE: The service can be removed with: nssm remove “Admin Tools Server”
Using Windows Service Manager, start the Admin Tools Server service.
Additional solutions related to Installing Admin Tools for ArcGIS: