This guide is for installing Clean My Org on a web server. For a guide on installing Clean My Org on a on a local machine, please see Clean My Org Installation Guide (Local Install).
NOTE: Keep in mind that this install guide represents the minimum steps needed in an ideal environment with no variables or complications to overcome. It is not meant to serve as a comprehensive solution to any and all installation workflows and environments. Enterprise expertise is still essential for handling this installation.
If you are unsure about whether this product can be installed on your infrastructure, please contact us to request a technical meeting to discuss installation. We do sell Professional Services Installation Packages as an additional option to the purchase of the product license. This professional services package is required for support directly related to the installation and configuration of the product onto an Organization's ArcGIS Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Windows 64 bit machine
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
Instructions for Web Server Install
- Unzip the CleanMyOrg-x.x.zip archive into the desired directory
- In the unzipped /installs folder, install MongoDB
- Be sure to keep the checkbox to allow MongoDB to be run as a service
- You can uncheck the install option for installing Compass if desired
- Once MongoDB has been installed, you can go to the config/nodeconfig.json file to change any server settings before running. Here you can change settings for:
- The port that will be used
- Using HTTP or HTTPS
- MongoDB Settings
- Whether or not login credentials will be used
- Default admin email
- Level of server logs
- Log size max
- Whether resolution options will be allowed from the app
- Set up CleanMyOrg as a service.
- Open a Command Console by going to start -> run and typing “cmd”
- Go to the installs directory of CleanMyOrg by typing:
cd \D your_CMO_directory_location\installs
i.e. cd \D C:\CleanMyOrg\installs
- Type: nssm install “CleanMyOrg Server”
- After the nssm service installer has opened, click on the box next to Application Path and navigate to the CleanMyOrg base folder and click on cleanmyorg.exe
- If you are using IWA Authentication for an identity:
- Click on the “Log on” tab and select the “This account” option.
- Use the account and password that will have administrator privileges to your organization.
- Once you are finished making changes, click the “Install service” button.
- NOTE: The service can later be removed by running: nssm remove “CleanMyOrg Server”
- To make CleanMyOrg available outside of this machine, you will need to open up TCP port 8000 in your router settings.
- Once the app is running in the background, open a web browser and type http://yourwebsitedomain:8000
This will start the CleanMyOrg client interface. From here you can set up Mail Settings by clicking the cog in the top right, and set up your Identities for scanning on the Manage Identities page. For more information on this, see Setting Up Email Options In Clean My Org or Backup My Org.